Nintendo Power Glove mod helps create Robot Chicken's stop-motion animation

By Shawn Knight
Jan 15, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Nintendo's Power Glove was arguably the star of the 1989 film The Wizard, captivating young gamers with its futuristic looks and seemingly advantageous gameplay capabilities. Anyone that actually tried to use the accessory, however, quickly realized that it wasn't very...

Read more
  2. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Booster Posts: 777   +137

That commercial made that glove cooler than what it actually was.
    Arris likes this.
  3. This made me super happy to read today. Thanks for posting it!
    Arris likes this.
  4. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Evangelist Posts: 990   +90

That's awesome.
    Arris likes this.
  5. Awesome, I remember wanting one of this when I was a kid. This made my day :)
  6. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,587   +278

How awesome, and it does look like it is useful for him not just using it to be cool.
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  7. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,132   +478

Memories.... Props to him for re-purposing it
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  8. slamscaper

slamscaper TS Booster Posts: 158   +26

I had one back in the day. The most annoying thing about it was the giant sensors that had to go around the perimeter of your CRT TV. They used these ungodly sized tubes to connect to each other and they would fall off the TV all the time, which caused people to duct tape them to their TV in the end. Ah, the nostalgia, lol.

I was able to use it to play through the first few levels of super mario bros, after much practice. Of course, my arm got tired really quick though...