Nintendo Power Glove mod helps create Robot Chicken's stop-motion animation

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Nintendo’s Power Glove was arguably the star of the 1989 film The Wizard, captivating young gamers with its futuristic looks and seemingly advantageous gameplay capabilities. Anyone that actually tried to use the accessory, however, quickly realized that it wasn’t very accurate nor easy to use.

While a distant memory in most minds, the Power Glove has since found new life for stop-motion animator Dillon Markey. Three years ago, he modified Nintendo’s old gaming peripheral into a Bluetooth-powered remote to assist him while on the job.

In addition to being a quintessential part of his childhood, it's now a part of his daily life. And even after all of these years, it still looks pretty friggin' awesome!

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Awesome, I remember wanting one of this when I was a kid. This made my day :)

I had one back in the day. The most annoying thing about it was the giant sensors that had to go around the perimeter of your CRT TV. They used these ungodly sized tubes to connect to each other and they would fall off the TV all the time, which caused people to duct tape them to their TV in the end. Ah, the nostalgia, lol.

I was able to use it to play through the first few levels of super mario bros, after much practice. Of course, my arm got tired really quick though...

Back