Nintendo Wii U deluxe set price cut, Zelda bundle coming soon

By Shawn Knight
Aug 28, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Nintendo is looking to make their Wii U console a bit more attractive (and affordable) this holiday season by slashing the price of the deluxe set. The changes will be accompanied by a new limited edition bundle aimed squarely at...

Read more
  2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

I may think about getting one just for Zelda.
    St1ckM4n likes this.
  3. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

Perfect - just what I've been waiting for. :)
  4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

White Basic Set is $319 8GB and where the Black Basic Set it $340 32GB. I'll wait for too drop some more in price range.
  5. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,525   +828

Ill pay $150 for the basic version. I just cant justify more than that for the game catalog thats available.
    I dont even need the tablet controller with it, just gimme a pro controller (assuming its compatible with all games) and ill be happy.
    St1ckM4n likes this.
  6. Prosercunus

Prosercunus TS Booster Posts: 134   +14

You almost had me sold until it said "Digital copy of Wind Waker HD"
  7. jeromie

jeromie TS Rookie

This is awesome, I don't really care that the Zelda game will be digital copy that just saves from losing the disc or getting it scratched.
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,335   +1,937

Hmm. Let me think about buying a game console... OK, I've thought about it... NO!!!
    Lurker101 likes this.
  9. Jamlad

Jamlad TS Enthusiast Posts: 50   +48

Meh. I already played in on my GC, could have played it on my Wii if I were so inclined, why would I want to play it again a third generation later?

Nintendo, please release some new games. Give me a reason to want to buy your console.
  10. tehbanz

tehbanz TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

The tablet controller is a necessity though. I thought from pictures it would be cumbersome and annoying but it's actually really comfortable and I do enjoy using it for the games I play.
  11. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,525   +828

Its not that I mind the tablet. Its adds too much to the cost. Regardless of enjoyability the library isnt big enough to pay $300 for.