Nintendo WII, XBOX 360, or PS3: what to get???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefchu (PoLsKa

I'm a fan of Nintendo for a long time and I enjoy all the mario games that have existed. On the other hand I love RPG's and play them all the time also. On the 3rd hand, I like shoot 'em up's as well. I have a hard time deciding what to get. Can somebody give me a suggestion???

Get the Wii when it comes out. That's what I'll do. X360 and PS3 are too expensive, especially the latter so choosing between the 2 of them, i'd recommend the X360.

Well, the PS3 has all the RPG's which i am really fond of, nintendo has all the mario games which i like. But...nintendo wii has the most retarded control i have seen in all the history of gaming. For me, its between the Ps3 and the WII

Wiiiiiii....... three words: Zelda, Mario and Oldskool. Well, i hope they re-release the oldskool titles from the SNES era.. i havn't played them (or any console games) for a long time.. Otherwise, if i had the money, i'd get both PS3 and Wii.. nicely made machines..

Well, its still hard to get both the WII and the pS3 cuz that will be a bit expensive and my parents will enver allow me to spend that much money. I'll just probabl wait and see what people think of the 2 systems. I guess Xbox is now off the list

hmm.. interesting indeed.. But alas, us aussies are somewhat technologicaly behind, so unless they do a worldwide thing then we'll have to wait a few good months longer...

where you guys get this info about the Wii games?

Personally, I'm gonna wait until the WII comes out. If it's good I'll wait until it becomes cheaper, then i'll get it. If it's bad i'll get a PS3. But if you haven't seen the WII controller looks awful!!!!

The worst thing about WII is it's going to be impossible to play Zelda with that controller.

So you guys honestly prefer WII when PS3 will contain all the RPG's????

Well, i sort of think that WII won't be such a big success even if zelda will be on it (i'm a rabid fan of zelda) and metroid prime 3. Ps3 has much more software, like 60.mb, blu-ray dvd player, and PS3 can play Ps2 games on it while the nintendo WII can't play gamecube games on it. or can it???

The Wii can play GC games. You should read up some info on your subjects before discussing them.

Ah yes but $600 for a PS3 plus about $70-90 for a game would be a heckuva lot of cash. That is unless, of course, you have a bank named after you :D

Curtis 'Royal Bank of England', that would be good.

I have always had Song Playstations, however with the expected price of PS3's and having played on the 360, i am definately saving up for the 360.

Think I'll get a ps3 so I can play the next gta and haze(the people who made timesplitters are behind it) But are hd-tv's a necessity?

GTA IV will come out first on the X360 and later on the PS3.
HD-TVs are not necessary but they sure look kick-***.

Where in the name of all things sacred did you hear that! :eek: I read it was a same-day release, but Sony haven't said anything yet.

Oh sorry I mean on the first day of the launch of the game. Previously the GTA games were released on the PS2 first and then ported to the Xbox but this time they've decided to release it simultaneously for both systems.

Stefchu.. i get what you mean about that controler now.. i was thinking they would've gone with a SNES style controler, since the DS can link up with it, instead of a tv remote controller looking thing..

But either way, playing Zelda would be interesting.. wonder if you'll need to spin around till your dizzy just to do Link's fire spin move....hmm.. motion sensor.. :D.

The prospect of being able to hold the controller like a gun for fps games is about time they did something of the sorts.. not having to pay that extra money to get the light gun accessory like you had to for Time Crisis......

First of all I live in France, so the PS3 is going to be about...say...499.99 euros for the 20.mb version

for the 60.0mb version it will be 600 euros. Who needs 60mb anyway??? so 500$ it is.

Second, order games online, they'll cost a reasonable amount of $50 dollars from newegg or ebay is the best choice if you're looking for really cheap. So if you think about it Ps3 will be cheaper if you wait for it to get a lot cheaper and order games online.

Whats the point of getting an xbox 360 if you can play almost all of the games on PC??? Halo 3 and Fable 2 will be on PC so why buy an Xbox 360 just for thos games???? I'm sure all of you will have good graphics cards to play those games. On the other hand most of the Ps3 games wont be for PC.

Umm Stefchu (PoLsKa, I think you've got it mixed up. It's 60GB not MB. 60MB is 1/100th the size of a new game nowadays. And as for the PC argument, not everybody will want to buy a $300+ video card and a $800+ processor to play a game at maximum detail to obtain full enjoyment. They will just prefer to get the X360 for $400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back