No 5.1 audio from M7NCD Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI

I purchaced an nVidia M7NCD motherboard and it is advertised to have Dolby 5.1 audio. i however do not have anything on my computer to change the audio plugs at the back from pink, blue and green to yellow black and green. i know if there is usually anysoftware installed to allow me to do this then it puts an icon in the bottim right of the screen. i only got one drivers cd with it and have completely installed the cd. can anyone help, thanks.

Its in the Audio Rack. I had to search around for the feature that enables the 5.1 but I cant remember where it is.

Its the program that has the cd player, wave player and other utilities. One of the buttons has the audio set up options. Its not very intuitive. it took me a while to figure it out. But I dont have it installed anymore, I have a sound card now.

do i get a sound card?

so would you advise i get a sound card? i've been looking at the augidy 2 zs coz i know its half decent but dont wanna spend the cash on one if i dont need to.

I didnt like the onboard audio. It was a pain in the *** to adjust the equalizer and it never held the settings. The mp3 and wave plaers were also buggy. I have a regular Audigy and love it. Ive also got a SB Live 5.1 Digital in my second PC and it sounds great too. You can get the SB Live online for $20 and they just came out with a 7.1 version for $30. The Chaintech Excell 7.1 with Via Envy chip sounds great too and is about $25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back