no administrative privileges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IH8PunkRok

i have been trying to fix my sisters computer using msconfig and stuff like that. there is no doubt in my mind that there is viruses on it but that is not the problem right now. the problem is i tried to download internet explorer 7 and it said "you do not have administrative privileges to do this". now i know wut ur thinkin, im not logged on as administrator, but i am. ive checked a million times. the computer will not let me change any settings. it is like i am logged in as a guest but i am not. this computer is usually used at a college for the net but now its on a wireless router. however i dissconnected from the wireless network completely and it still will not let me change any settings.
wuts wrong with it?

If you think Viruses may be on the system, you should do the following. It could be, that a virus etc is the cause of your problems.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of IH8PunkRok only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back