No Audio Device? What the....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFbusta17

I have no sound and when I click on Sounds and Audio Devices it says theres no Audio Device? How is that possible? I have brand new speakers. My old speakers werent working and I bought new ones today and now these wont work. What is going on ? Why cant I hear music or any sound? Does anyone know how to fix this? Or how to specify an audio device?

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

What are your system specs?
Sounds like you need to re-install the audio drivers.
Also make sure you have the new speakers plugged in correctly.
G'Luck

my speakers are hooked in fine. i have a creative pci 128 sound card i think. and for some reason my sound stopped working. i did system restore....i went to creative.com and installed updates or whatever.....theres nothing else to do im so lost. should i just buy a new sound card?

That is a slightly older card, unless somthing happened to it.
I'd recommend uninstalling all creative software, then shut down
and remove the card. Boot into windows w/o the card
(to be sure it's completly uninstalled). Then shut down again reinstall
the card, boot into windows and install the fresh drivers.
If it fails to work after this then you may want to consider a new one.(I hope not)

G'Luck

no i havent tried it in another computer. but how do i uninstall all creative software socrates? where do i do that?

I apologise for that mate.

I could`ve sworn you`d said that you`d tried it in another computer :eek: :eek:

If you can`t do the above, then maybe getting a new soundcard is the way to go.

As for uninstalling the soundcard drivers etc. Go into your control panel, and click on add remove programmes. Uninstall anything to do with creative.

Then go into your device manager and right click on your soundcard, and select uninstall.

Reboot your system.

Windows will probably tell you that it`s found new hardware.

Cancel the message/s, and reinstall the drivers.

Regards Howard :eek:

i went to the creative folder and clicked uninstall folder and clicked CTuninst icon thing and it says its going to take me to the uninstall process or whatever but nothing happens after that. What the hell why wont it take me to the uninstall page ?! is my computer a piece of CRAP OR WHAT?!

someone please just answer me this - why on EVERY OTHER COMPUTER IN THE WORLD under sound settings does it tell u what audio device the computer has EXCEPT MINE. it says "no audio device" HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? omg i've spent a total of like 8 hours trying to figure this out. I have so much hw but I cant do anything until I fix this or it will just be on my mind the whole time. please some1 just tell me why it says there is no audio device........I HAVE A SOUND CARD IN MY COMPUTER!

It may well be that the soundcard is not working.

If that`s the case, then your computer would say that there`s no sound device.

That`s why I asked you if you could try the soundcard in another computer.

Sorry I can`t be of more help, but I just can`t think of anything else.

Regards Howard :cool:

i go to sound settings and i click on the audio tab and in the sound playback default device is 'Modem #0 Line Playback'. If I click on Hardware tab I can see my sound card device but I cant like make it be the default device. Do you know what im talking about?

Yes I do know what your saying.

When you click on the hardware tab select your soundcard and the select properties. What does it say?

Regards Howard :confused:

i click on the properties tab for my sound card and it says everything is working properly.......if everything was fine why doesnt it just make it like the default driver? i mean it says it is the default driver in one place then the other place it says theres no audio device at all.

The only other thing I can think of is, try doing a system restore to before your sound problems started.

Also check that none of your volume sliders are muted, although I doubt this is the case.

Regards Howard :confused:

ha yea i did that system restore thing to a few days ago - did absolutely nothing. then i did it till like a month ago - did absolutely nothing as if i did nothing at all. and i cant enter my volume settings because it says i dont have mixer devices. ive been getting that error for a while now even from when b4 my sound didnt work.

i had the same problem and i fixed it
go to run and type " services.msc "

find "windows audio"
right click on it
make sure its on automatic and if its not active
start the service
write back

i think ur advice is the best ive gotten all day. It says if its stopped audio devices wont work properly.......and i think it is stopped because on the right things say 'started' but the one for audio is blank. i click start and it says it cant start it 'the specified module cannot be found'. what does that mean? i think this will solve the problem if i can get it started but i cant get it started.

'could not start the windows audio device on the local computer. error 126: the specified module could not be found.'

Do u have AIM or something? Maybe we could communicate on there.

do u have this as the path? or do u even have this file?
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs

if its there, then check
under the dependencies tab
yuoll see "plug and play"
and "remote procedure call (rpc)"
make sure those services are also running or any extra ones that are listed

ive been trying to fix this problem for about 7 hours now - im so exhausted and depressed. :( i mind as well go to sleep. I dont know what else to do and Im about to pass out. Please respond tomorrow i will post more threads becuase I think 'starting' this thing will fix the problem. gnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back