No audio from new build, very frustrated

[FONT=Calibri]Hi all, I hope someone can help me out. I recently built a new system and am having trouble with the audio (no sound what so ever from monitor speakers or plugin speakers). I am running Win7 Home Premium SP1 with an AsRock FM2A 75Pro4 M/B, AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon Graphics 3.90GHz, 8Gb Ram, Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT 1Gb Graphics card. I have read through and tried almost everything suggested within this forum but I am still unable to fix the problem. There are no missing drivers, the volume status bar reacts with music (shows indicator fluctuating), have plugged in headphones, stand alone speakers but still nothing. I am also concerned that I do not get a post beep when booting up. I am not sure if I need a chassis speaker for this as I am using the same tower my last system was in and there was a post beep on that.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Does anyone think that installing a dedicated Sound Card may fix this issue? Any help would be appreciated.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Cheers[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Tom[/FONT]

You have audio on both your m/b and your video card.
> Onboard audio enabled in BIOS?
> Default Playback Device set to your m/b audio? (look in CtlPanel->Sound->Audio)

Hi JC713 and LookinAround, I will give them both a try tonight as I am at work, and will get back with results (fingers crossed :) ).

Hi again, I have tried the suggestions without success. I have however noticed that in the Realtek HD Audio Manager, the back panel input is not highlighted and am unable to access it. Any ideas as to whether this may be the culprit to my problems?
Will wait for any reply of help.
Cheers

Update from last post, it seems that the anologue rear input panel is disconnected. I have repeatedly gone into bios setup to try and make the analogue rear panel active but have had no luck. I have fiddled with the Realtek audio manager but not winning. Has anybody out there any other suggestions to try? :D Desperate

Maybe your onboard audio is simply a dud.
It would seem that getting a new soundcard (I hear the asus xonar DG is nice for cheap-ish) should fix your problem. But thats a last resort.

If it were up to me id say your onboard sound is dead. But im not the most experienced with sound problems...

Right click your audio icon under the task bar.
see if the "Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio" is checked.
see also if you have set audio to be heard solely at your pc case's front panel. (you can opt to have both front panel audio and back panel audio)
you can change this settings under audio properties or using realtek HD audio manager.

you can also try to reinstall realtek audio driver using audio driver pack found in the driver installer dvd that came with your asrock mobo.
alternatively, you can choose to download/install latest audio driver pack from realtek or from filehippo or from free-codecs.

installation of realtek audio drivers involves the following:
1. removal of old driver pack if found; restart computer if prompted..
2. installation of new driver pack; restart computer again if prompted.

in my experience with realtek audio driver packs, the latest driver pack updates may not work for some mobos so I always have 2 old versions archived.

Thank you to all that have tried to help me with the audio problem. After trying everything that was suggested I finally bit the bullet and conceded that my mobo was the culprit. So not wanting to go through the hassle of returning the mobo and waiting for a replacement, I decided to purchase a reasonable soundcard and it has fixed the problem. Hooray!!!!! I now can enjoy my new system with sound :) (y)

Back