No Audio in WinME

Status
Not open for further replies.
:: this may be in the wrong place in the forum so move as necessary :) ::

have an old computer I'v been putting back together after a rather disasterous CPU death...
anyway - I got myself another mobo - A7N8x-dlx - which I have on another XP based machine and works fine. the problem I'm having is that I can't get the audio drivers to work at all...no little icon appears in the system tray despite me installing the drivers from the CD I have. just having no joy.
I try to play MP3's but I get an error message saying audio hardware not found/recognised...
I made it work with Win 98 but in ME I seem to be having a few problems.
I went to the ftp site to try and get some things; anv_me.zip which I found as an audio driver but it didn't help. . .

I'm utterly stumped as to what to do now as I feel I'v tried most things, so any help would be magic.

Does your device manager show any " unknown device""or audio device" ?
Check that your audio is enabled in the BIOS, it should be by default.
Have you tried to load the drivers manually without using the setup facility on the cd?
Have you tried the nforce2 unified drivers either from the nvidia or asus websites.........it includes the audio drivers.

done everything except play in the bios...but what is odd is that by going through the exact same procedure on win98se of loading everything from the cd its all completely fine, no hardware probs nothing. i don't even have to play in the bios (never have had too)
the mobo comes with soundstorm integrated and hence shouldn't have any problems finding it - but I can't get ME to see the drivers I'm giving it... I'd go through the task of installing them and then shut down/restart but nothing comes up to indicate a change.
theres something else I can't work out - in device manager it clearly shows my nVidia audio stuff (as they should look) but when I play mp3's or any audio type file, nothing happens apart from an annoying error message stating device not installed correctly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back