No audio--New mother board

By 493dart
Jan 23, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. I just got a replacement ECS mother board . The first had bad video . The new one is a ECS A55F2-M4 . Its been running for about a day and I noticed---no audio !
    I just want onboard audio. I dont see anything wrong with drivers , says "device working properly" in the audio section .
    I tried d/l the driver right from ECS and installed that. I also checked the cable and speakers .
    No audio . Any ideas ?? another bad , new board ??
  2. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,540   +288

Sometimes 'almost the same' motherboards aren't.
    Did you handle the replacement like a new build? BIOS, then OS, then fresh drivers from motherboard mfg, then update OS?
    Also, it is worth checking service connections to motherboard - I have several times installed the sound header connection to the front ports in the wrong way.
  3. 493dart

493dart TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ill double check connections . I just put the new board in and fired it up , tried audio drivers after that
  4. 493dart

493dart TS Rookie Topic Starter

What is the front panel audio for ?? im using the speaker header for the little case speaker--
  5. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus TS Evangelist Posts: 1,540   +288

Please read the manual which came with your motherboard - consider the connections you may have made with the ports on the front of your case.