No audio output device is installed with vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so i just upgrade to vista and its saying no audio output device is installed and i cant get any sound to come out iam not to good with a pc so i dont know how to fix this my pc is a hp if you need more info just make a post thx for the help

You need to go to either your soundcard manufactuers website, or if you`re using onboard sound, your mobo manufacturers website and see if they have any Vista compatible drivers. If your system is an oem such as Dell/HP etc, then go to your computer manufacturers website and look for Vista compatible drivers.

Regards Howard :)

Many people get the "no audio output device" error

Glad you fixed it. I was without sound for many days until I found some answers on: noaudiooutput dot com. You would be surprised how many people have that problem.

You should install a Vista update (Update for Windows Vista (KB929685)).

Download from here:
www_4shared_com/file/97604377/14a6ea7/Windows60-KB929685-x86.html

Microsoft says for this update:
Install this update to address an issue
that may prevent high-definition audio devices from initializing
after resuming the system from a sleep or hibernation state.
After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

I have the same problem, but I am currently running Windows 7 and the update will not work for me.

History of problem:

Was running Vista Pro worked fine for 1 yr. Windows updated systems 1-2 weeks ago and ran into the problem of no audio devices installed. Looked online tried many "solutions" and did not find answer (Did not find this site till now). I reformatted my computer and installed Windows 7 Pro and on first boot sound returned and I presumed the problem was fixed. But after putting my computer feel asleep (I went to the store while installing programs again) the problem returned.

In my device manager I have no Game controllers, sound Option when the sound doesnt work. I checked when the sound did work and it was there and I updated the drivers and all. Please help! Thank you much in advance

Edit: I have checked microsoft for all updates available and none are. I even tried to use the vista one :-\ I wanted to check here before contacting microsoft because that would be an all day event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back