No audio/sound. Multimedia audio controller issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

just-sumguy

First of all here are my specs:

Computer is an E-Machines T2642.
Motherboard: IM845GV

Now my problem. About 4 days ago my sound stopped working on my computer. I checked the device manager and found multimedia audio controller listed as an other device with a question mark next to it. The properties lists the device as not having any drivers installed. I have tryed installing and rolling backthe drivers to no effect.

Another problem that I seem to have is my network connections shows a local area connection as having a network cable unpluged, with the device name being Realtek RTL8139/810X Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC. I have tryed unintalling the realtek device and adding it again, but when I do it seems to generate the unknown multimedia audio controller which I suspect is the source of my problem.

So any advice on what exactly I need to do to fix this and get the sound back? At this point I suspect that the "sound card" on my motherboard may be fried. Help would be appricaited.

The Realtek RTL8139/810X Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC is u'r NIC and the driver for it will have to be installed for it to work. Have u not got it plugged into a router? Reinstall the sound card driver.
Realtek AC'97 Audio Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back