No Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

the other day my motherboard stopped working, so i took it to the repairs. They repaired it and gave me a similiar but different motherboard. (Motherboard is ASUS P4P800S-X Series). The other day that i got my computer back i formatted it and then i had no motherboard cd to install the required software, so i used the Realtek AC'97 AC655 Audio Driver install cd and no sound at all. i checked my volume control, device manager (no question marks), windows media player and services. but everything was perfect. The problem is i am not sure what is causing it. I take my sound (i have normal speakers) wire and plug it in the microphone hole and this really loud screeching sound is heard while i open a audio file. but when i connect my iPod headphones in the microphone socket, sound comes, but when i connect it to the right hole nothing. I am probably thinking that it is my software i installed. And by the way do you think that windows update may help if i download all updates? Any Suggestions?, feel free to ask anything.

Cheers Guys,

Vafa

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Do not plug any kind of speaker or headphones into the microphones jack!
It is source sound in.
You've installed the wrong sound drivers, yours is sound max.
You can Get them here
Win update will not always have drivers.
Be sure to un-install everything related to sound first.
Post back if you continue to have trouble.

G'Luck

I have just downloaded "SoundMAX Audio logo driver Version 5.12.01.3665 for Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP"

Hope this works,
God bless you guys, my heart goes out to all of yous,

Thanks Vafa

Didn't Work

Sup guys,

i am sorry to say but the audio driver i installed still makes no difference. any other suggestions?
if no solution comes around i will just go about to my dealer and get my motherboard cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back