No audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer is kind of old and I just formatted it. I'm assuming I need to get the drivers and I already went to the intel site and downloaded the chipset driver (unless they have multiple downloads in which case I only did one of them). I'm not sure if this is enough information. Thanks for the help! And if that's not enough, tell me asap. Thanks!

Motherboard Name Intel Pendleton 2 D845EPT2
Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale i845E

AC'97 Audio Controller
Audio Controller Type Intel 82801DB(M) ICH4
Codec Name Analog Devices AD1981A
Codec ID 41445372h

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2

Oh, it's an intergraded sound card.

You need to go to the manufacturer of your hard drive, or use a detector such as Belarc Advisor, SysSpecs, or Everest... among others.
There you will find the drivers you need for audio. Download and install per directions. You may need to go to Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager to see all your drivers. You will need to remove the audio drivers (if found there) AFTER you have downloaded their replacements from the motherboard manufacturer.
You can also download the audio drivers from the website of the provider detected with Belarc or Everest.
The AC'07 drivers are very good, and yet very simple. Once you have them installed, your sound should work.

Thanks for the help ray. I downloaded and ran Belarc Advisor and clicked the link to my manufacturer that lead me to a bunch of driver installations [I have a Dell].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back