No battery is detected !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either your battery is dead, or your contact points are bent or corroded. rub them with a pencil eraser, then alcohol, then bend them gently out to make better contact. But if your battery is over a year old, it is probably dead. If under warranty, get it replaced.

Thanx for reply

Raybay its not old but that problem comes after I did format my laptop

then I installed vista ,, some one asked me if I did installed vista while the

battery was off and if I was working with it by electricity cable , It may not install the batt device !!!

So I am starting to search for

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

but not really sure what was I'm doing !

Doubt that it is sofware, where detection is concerned.

We have put all kinds of batteries in ours while trapesing around Nepal and Tibet, and a lot of Chinese junk. We didn't use VISTA, of course, and your computer is not rated for VISTA, so who knows. Did you get all your drivers installed properly? Do you have any red or yellow flags for any of the components listed in Device Manager?

Cannot think of any possible reason for installing VISTA, so you must have had an extra install disc.

The computer works best with Windows 2000 professional, but works fine with WXPH and WXPP,

Good luck. Let us know what happens. I am betting on a battery gone bad, or bent connectors on the inside.

Well, check all the obvious things. Take it out, put it back in.. Make sure it is seated squarely and firmly. Blah blah blah...

What happens if you unplug your computer from the AC adapter? Does it shut off? This would help determine if it is just Windows being silly or if it really is a hardware issue. You could also do this outside of Windows (BIOS screen, for example) to rule out software as the cause.
Doubt that it is sofware, where detection is concerned.
Reasonable assumption, BUT this can be a software issue too. In fact, it affects Linux too. I've seen patches for this behavior in the past.

I suspect this is a Windows problem though. Windows detects changes in battery status via ACPI. There's actually a special driver used and you'll find it in Device Manager. Start > Run > device > devmgmt.msc

Expand the "Battery" section and right click on "Microsoft APCI-Compliant Control Method Battery". Uninstall the driver. Click the 'Scan for hardware changes' button and/or restart the computer. I'd be interested in seeing whether or not it begins working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back