No beep, no signal for the screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

a few weeks ago when i went to my friends lan paty my pc looked dead when I was finished attaching things and booting it up, there was no signal from the graphics card (both my ati radeon 9550 and onboard one). And there was no beep when starting the pc. Clearing cmos helped me out, my pc was running again. but when I came home i had exactely the same problem (AGAIN.. :evil: ). But again clearing cmos helped me out. Anyway last friday my dad took out my memory beacuse he wanted to buy mine so i could buy new (btw when he discovered the max. fsb he didnt want to buy them anymore)(ow and it are 2 256 mb sticks at 266 mHz). When i was booting up again i had the same problem again, but this time clearing cmos did not help me out. When booting up all fans start spinning and all drives work. I've tried another memory stick (my dad's new one, 512 mb and i had set the jumpers to 266 mHz once again) with no effect. I tried all possible combinations with placing my memory sticks).without graphics card and only the onboard one, it doesnt work either. :blackeye:

I'm getting kinda desparate as i'm really hoping it isnt my main board or cpu that has died. Ow, and about the cpu, i got a u-cop (shuts my sustem down when my cpu reaches 65 degrees celcius. This happened several times but should not have damaged my cpu as it should be capable of handeling much higher temperatures. I also bought a new case a few days ago, i've already placed all my stuff in it, accept for the power supply, so it isnt the power supply either that died.

Greetings, Miles

Hi,

well i already tried that with a new battery. :blackeye:
Its an Asrock k7vm2 r 3.0, and if i look at some site's containing forums like these i can see that it are only asrock main boards that have such problems. :hotouch:
I'm going to try and replace my cpu with another one, we'll see if that works.

thnx, Miles
(btw battlefield 2 is here in my hands)

I don't know if this helps at all but I have the same problem when I try to run my Athlon 1400 at a fsb of 133mhz, i never cured this problem and so it runs at 112mhz instead, I have a Gigabyte GA-7ZX motherboard and all my fsb settings are changed by DIP switches on the motherboard. When I set the switches to the correct positions for 133 it has the same problem as yours, no video signal, no beep, i turn it off, change it back to 112 and everything is fine.

Hey,

That too hasnt worked, but thnx :)
I haven't been able to get some help to replace my cpu, but my dad will help me when he's back. (He promised :evil: )
But is it right that it could be the VIA chip thats broken? If yes, can I buy just the chip itself without buying a new mainboard?

thnx in advance, Miles

ello mate.. been having same problems or similar ones
got a new Ati radeon 9550... fort ahh loverly, il play half life 2... booted it up..
"signal out of fequency"
so i gt told my monitor wasnt good enuff.. went out, baught a nice new TFT screen monitor...
same happend again...
but ive been thinking.. it cant be a hardware problem.. cos it works in safe mode...what ide recomend trying mate. is uninstalling all your ATI Radeon drivers... and booting up again. n you should be fine.. its working for me for now.. if you find any other compatable drivers what aint ATI id' appreciate a hand mate :eek:) thanks hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back