No Bios Post Beep

By puzycat
Jan 10, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am really flustered :confused: The other day mouse and keyboard got disconnected. Reconnected and restart comp. Nothing boots to a Intel screen no beeps, fans and lights all working. Tried different hd same checked all connections, changes hd cable. :mad: now ready to beat comp. :unch: I don't want to randomly start replacing. Anyone every run across this situation? Could you plz point me in the right direction.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,673   +152

You probably toasted the motherboard. Nice pink font... You must be a nice woman
  3. N3051M

N3051M Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,800

why would you fiddle with the HDD cable when your problem is with the keyboard and mouse?

Or are you just using confusing terms..

keyboard and mouse = input devices, one for typing the other for pointing

"hd" = ______________?

Read this: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic53866.html
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,673   +152

If you pull out or plug in a mouse or keyboard with the computer on you can damage the logic circuits that control them
  5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

read the no post guide in the guides forum. Also your font is very hard on the eyes.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.