TechSpot

No Boot In Standby

By Cypher2006
Mar 19, 2006
  1. i didnt know what forum part to put this in but i decided here.

Problem: I normally left my old Pc in standby Mode and then it was easy to boot up but with my new system when i leave in standby and try and boot up the screen just stays black so i have to restart the PC and now have to leave the PC turned off, i like having Pc in standby and i would like to keep it that way

2. Cypher2006

Cypher2006 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 64

anyone gonna answer *cry*?

3. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

Try updating/reinstalling the video/monitor drivers.It might shake things into the right place again.

4. Cypher2006

i cant seem to find drivers for my monitor anywhere. its a TIME Monitor from my old computer

5. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

I don`t think the monitor driver is the real problem.Concentrate on the video card.

6. Cypher2006

ive updated reinstalled the Video drivers to the latest ones and still nothing, maybe this is a lost cause and is a option of the motherboard?

7. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

Go into the BIOS and set the desired wake up event.

8. Cypher2006

where do i find the wake up event option please?

9. HillJack

HillJack TS Rookie Posts: 19

If you are running XP SP2, check your boot.ini file for /noexecute=optin and change it to /noexecute=alwaysoff

When I recently installed SP2, I had the exact problem you are having with my laptop not coming out of standby - changing the /noexecute setting worked for me (most of the time... but I'm back to SP1 now :) ).

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.