No Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpbradley

Here is my problem, my computer will not boot any more just before it stoped booting it
came up with a blue screen saying

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

STOP: 0X0000007E (0x0000007E,0XFFFFFFFFC000001D,0xFFFFF8000105D954,
0xFFFFFADFC8E321E0,0XFFFFFADFC8E31BF0

Beginning dump of physical memory

Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assist
My motherboard is a MSI K9A Platinum Socket AM2 ATI CrossFire Radeon Xpress 3200 ATX AMD
with a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 Processor
and CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
and ZOGIS Geforce 7600GS 256MB GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card

Now my computer will not even boot the screen will not come up and it appears to just keep re-booting itself.

Can anyone help please?

I have tried to reinstall windows but I got the same screen about shutting down, I tried to go into safew mode every way there isand it just rebooted itself. I did a google search on the codes and the second in the list came up with a issue with the video card drivers but I cannot get to reinstall anything. When I try to power up the computer now it seems as if there is no signal being sent to the monitor because the monitor does not turn on as it should.

Try this:

Start the computer and then press the F8 key when Windows begins to start.
The Windows Advanced Options menu appears.
Use the ARROW keys to select Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), and then press ENTER.
If a boot menu appears, use the ARROW keys to select Microsoft Windows XP and then press ENTER. Windows XP restores the computer to the most recent restore point.

Alright I just tried that, The monitor is not getting a signal to turn on, Both cd rom drives go on and then go off and keep cycling as if the computer keeps rebooting, so I cant even do what is mentioned in the last post.

Well, process of elimination time - remove anything you don't need. ie, you need 1 cd, the OS hard drive, 1 stick ram, and of course the 'suspect' video card.

Try the last procedure - change ram sticks if it fails until you have tried all your ram sticks.

Then, if nothing works, change-out the vid card if you can get the use of a cheapo test card from somewhere (cheapo in case you fry it).

Someone else may have a better plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back