No bootable device found

Ok so the problem I'm having is that when I turn my laptop on it won't boot up from the hard drive that already has windows 8.1. Failed to load media and not bootable device found. I checked my bios and shows my hard drive thats conected. I can hear my hard drive spinning. Its also a Toshiba. Any way I can fix this issue?
-thank you

Based on your description, I would guess something is corrupt in the MBR (master boot record).

Go to Toshiba support and get information for your specific model about 'repair system' or similar.

Should this fail, see if you can initiate repair from you system installation disc or your Repair or Rescue disc.

Should this fail, consider downloading ISO copy of Windows 8.1 from Microsoft and using that media to attempt repair.

If you have not made backups of key data, you may wish to do so as repair may lead to 'reformat' or require 'repartition'. If you do not have backup, you may wish to remove HDD and mount it as a secondary drive in another system in order to copy data.

Based on your description, I would guess something is corrupt in the MBR (master boot record).

Go to Toshiba support and get information for your specific model about 'repair system' or similar.

Should this fail, see if you can initiate repair from you system installation disc or your Repair or Rescue disc.

Should this fail, consider downloading ISO copy of Windows 8.1 from Microsoft and using that media to attempt repair.

If you have not made backups of key data, you may wish to do so as repair may lead to 'reformat' or require 'repartition'. If you do not have backup, you may wish to remove HDD and mount it as a secondary drive in another system in order to copy data.

Oh okay I'll get see if these two methods work thank you

Back