no cmd, regedit, task manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm moderate at best with computers so I really need some help. I have no cmd, regedit, task manager so I downloaded HJT and here's my report:

Does that look right? What do I need to do to get back my cmd? It says it's in use by another file. Also I have Spyware Terminator, A-squared, AVG, Spybot, and ad-aware and it says I'm clean. I tried to run killbot on my desk top to delete a bad file but it said 'pending file rename operations registry data has been removed by external process.

Just a quick thing here, you might want to update your Java version, because older versions of Java are quite susceptible to viruses and adware. Would you mind posting a quick list of your ad/remove programs ! and another thing you might want to download is CCleaner, a free system optimization tool that deletes a bunch of unused crap from your comp. the main download site is http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Hi ab0191866 and welcome to techspot. =)

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. These are a comprehensive mix of steps to remove common malware, as well as provide us logs of your system to look at so we can further remove any tricky nasties.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste if not it will be ignored and/or removed by the moderators.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of ab0191866 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Ok I read both of the threads to decide which is better for me, to format or clean. I use my computer for music, banking, I don't use quicken or anything, just log in the web site, I also use it for backing up movies and lot's of research papers and other doc. I"m not sure which option I should do. Internet Exp 7 is always poping up adware that never picks up on a scan, some roo TV and some other page that has 8 tabs open and anytime it's atempted to close another opens and the 1st one doesn't close. decided I'd restart in safe mode but I have a hP pavilion a1230n and f8 wouldn't get me into it. I tried to go in normal mode to my 'my computer' button but I couldn't select anything from the start bar when internet explorer is running. Plus my comp didn't come with any installation disks but I burned a recovery disk off the comp itself. I have alot of programs that I've lost the installation disk for like my router, and my anyDvd reg code, plus lots of other similar situations. What do you think I should do?

Hi,

Since you use your system for banking, I would recommend that you do a reformat and clean install of Windows, and inform your bank that sensitive information might have been compromised.

However if you wish to try cleaning your system, I'll do my best to guide you through the process.

Let me know what is your decision.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of ab0191866 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Well i guess the not so funny thing is that last week my identity was stolen via the internet. I guess now I see how they got the info. Luckily, I closed my bank acct before it could be used. so all my past bank info on this comp is invalid. There is a chance I may use my comp for banking with my new acct so I guess the best thing would be to format? right?

Hi,

In view of such an occurrence, I would strongly suggest you do a reformat and reinstall Windows from scratch. Backup important data if you wish on a external hard disk before doing so.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

ok let's do it. but how do I reload windows? My comp didn't come with a windows disk. I had to make a recovery disk, well two of them. I do have a partition with a back up. it's a small partition so how should I make my back-up? will my recovery partition have windows and some of the other programs? I think so because once I had to do a system restore and most of my programs were saved. So how do i do this?

Hi,

Since your system was previously infected, it would not be wise to just do a recovery or a restore. I suggest that you obtain a legit version of Windows to do a clean install after you run a full format of your hard disk.

Perhaps you could approach your computer manufacturer/distributor for help getting the disk if they had installed Windows for you previously.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back