no cmd, unable to renew I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

This is the first time i've posted here, hope I am doing things the correct way

I am unable to access my wirless network from my laptop (but other P.C's on the network can).

have tried to repair wirless connection but get a messge "unable to nenew IP".

I've seen a few postings where it is suggested i renew ip from CMD, but i cannot run cmd as i am now getting an error "in use by another program"

So i have no net access on the pc to run any funky on line scans etc and am at a loss as to what to do.

Can anyone suggest anywhere i can start??

P.S this happened after running antivirus software and "fixing" a trojan probelm, not sure if this is related or if this should be in another forum?????

thanks

Hello and welcome to TechSpot :wave:

This problem could be caused by malware.

Very important: Before deciding whether to clean or reformat your system, read this thread and decide what you want to do.

If, after reading the above thread, you decide to clean your system, read this thread here: Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly, then post fresh HJT and AVG logs as attachments into this thread.

Also, please post here what antivirus software you used and also what online scans you ran. It is possible that one or more of the online scans could have infected your computer. It would be good only to run stuff recommended in the second link I gave.

Cheers :)

This thread is for the use of neowing only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

now working .. sort of

Hi kitty500cat,

I have got things working sort of ....

was running Norton 2005 and it opicked up somne virus/malware but did not fix effectively ... so i installed Kaspersky (downloaded on another P.C and installed trial). After 3 hours of scanning and fixing I got CMD and taskmgr control (somethign to do with svchost.exe).

Still not able to obtain IP on wirelss network even after relaesing ip and renewing (ipconfig / release). Saw a posting suggesting using a winsock fix program, have just run it and can get IP and connect to network.

Have had two nasty blue screens since but am running o.k at moment.

Think i'll back up all my good stuff and do a format/reinstall.

thanks for your interest and help :)))))

'k. Good luck ;)

Cheers :)

This thread is for the use of stett only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back