No Compaq logo on laptop when booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone knows the steps to get back the LCD screen on bootup of a Compaq Presario laptop.
I've had the laptop over three years and had the same problem when the laptop was about 1 year old.
I called Compaq Tech Support and was talked through a couple of steps that I can't remember to fix the problem. I've tried "Tech Support" again but they want me to send off the laptop for repairs.
It was working fine one day and then the next when turned on, the power light comes on and the HDD starts up but nothing more. I have a feeling the problem has something to do with the battery although I use mains supply.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

You should be able to see the logo option in the BIOS. The values are to enable or disable on Boot. Look for wording suc has "Statup Screen" and similar.

Maybe I didn't explain properly, I can't get into the BIOS, there is nothing on the screen. Compaq computers have a Compaq Logo before/or as the computer boots up. While the Compaq Logo is up you can get into the BIOS.

I don't remember what it is for Compaq laptops, but FN + Some function key (F4 or F5 I think) toggles between LCD, CRT, and LCD+CRT

It is also possible that your backlight has gone out. Possible due to a bad inverter board, damaged cables (not uncommon on Compaq's cheesy hinge designs) or a bad backlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back