TechSpot

No connection to the net?

By TKJay15
Jun 25, 2006
  1. I just installed linux on my system for the first time, Fedora core 5, and everything worked great except the internet. I have a wireless network card that it connect to my network in my house and no mater what i have tried i cant seem to get it to work. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how to get this to work.
    The card i have is an Atheros AR5212 802.11 a/b/g wireless adapter.

Also i have downloaded Madwifi to attempt to fix the problem but i am not sure how to install/exectute it because i have never used linux before.

2. WinDoWsMoNoPoLy

WinDoWsMoNoPoLy TS Rookie Posts: 252

Cant help you much on that. When i set up linux it set up my ethernet card fine as eth0 and connected right to my DSL. Try using www.google.com/linux
    to search about setting up your wireless card on it.

3. fastco

fastco TS Booster Posts: 1,122

4. TKJay15

TKJay15 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 29

I think the problem is there is no driver for the card which is why i was trying to install Madwifi since it has a driver for my card, Atheros AR5212, but i cant figure out how to install madwifi. I know, i know, im a total newb at this haha but how do i go about installing Madwifi? From what i read i think this will fix the problem.

5. fastco

fastco TS Booster Posts: 1,122

6. AMDIsTheBest010

AMDIsTheBest010 TS Rookie Posts: 398

try and download updated drivers

7. TKJay15

TKJay15 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 29

Thanks alot for all the help i finally got it to work :D

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.