No connection to the net?

By TKJay15
Jun 25, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just installed linux on my system for the first time, Fedora core 5, and everything worked great except the internet. I have a wireless network card that it connect to my network in my house and no mater what i have tried i cant seem to get it to work. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how to get this to work.
    The card i have is an Atheros AR5212 802.11 a/b/g wireless adapter.

Also i have downloaded Madwifi to attempt to fix the problem but i am not sure how to install/exectute it because i have never used linux before.
  2. WinDoWsMoNoPoLy

WinDoWsMoNoPoLy Newcomer, in training Posts: 269

Cant help you much on that. When i set up linux it set up my ethernet card fine as eth0 and connected right to my DSL. Try using www.google.com/linux
    to search about setting up your wireless card on it.
  3. fastco

fastco Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,511

4. TKJay15

TKJay15 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 42

I think the problem is there is no driver for the card which is why i was trying to install Madwifi since it has a driver for my card, Atheros AR5212, but i cant figure out how to install madwifi. I know, i know, im a total newb at this haha but how do i go about installing Madwifi? From what i read i think this will fix the problem.
  5. fastco

fastco Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,511

6. AMDIsTheBest010

AMDIsTheBest010 Newcomer, in training Posts: 546

try and download updated drivers
  7. TKJay15

TKJay15 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 42

Thanks alot for all the help i finally got it to work :D
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.