"No Disc" error in Sony CD-RW

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I try to burn a CD everything is goin fine until it asks for a blank disc and when I put one in it says there is still no disc in the drive. Unplugged it and reinstalled it and all that and it still doesnt work. Thanks.

Welcome to Techspot!
That can often be the brand of Media is not compatible. Try a couple of other brands.
Also check to see if there is an Update for the Firmware, this can often fix your issue
Last Check the authoring software for an Update, and if you use Third party type ,Turn off Windows XP burning Software.

Thanks. I had tried all that but turning off the burning on XP so I tried that and it still doesn't work. The CD's I'm using I have used before and I have tried others and it still doesn't work. Any other ideas?? Thanks again.

Do a search at Microsoft support for "upper and Lower filters" it means a little registry work, so follow instructions carefully.
What brand of Software are you using?

Originally I was using somethin like B's Recording Gold or somethin like that, it came with the Burner. I didn't know if that coulda been the problem so I uninstalled it and downloaded Nero and it has the same problem. I'll try that and get back to you. It's weird because just a few weeks ago it worked fine and had worked fine since I got it and all of the sudden just quit. Anyways, thanks for the help.

Nero has a small app called Infotool; Open it and check for ASPI layer - System and Nero You should have green bar 'ASPI installed.
When you uninstall Authoring/writing software you must do it cleanly any files left in your box can cause conflicts with Nero.

I did that search you told me to do and I didn't find anything that looked like my problem. Maybe I'm just missing it.....???? I forgot to mention that it still reads fine, it's just blank c.d.'s that aren't recognized.

Do a search for ASPI layer drivers and download and install them (follow instructions correctly)
You must have them .
Also make sure you have the Temp file used to buffer your writes on your freeest, fastest, drive.You can create this file and register it in the Nero preferences page for configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back