No display after installing a GT430

1. Motherboard - ASUS M2N68-LA Motherboard Socket AM2 PCI Express DDR2
2. Graphic interface - Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
3. Memory - 3 GB
4. CPU - Athlon X2 4800 Dual-Core Processor
5. CPU Speed - 1.68 V (if I am indeed understanding this question correctly.)
6. Power Supply Make/Model - LiteOn ATX. PS-5251-08 250W ATX Power Supply
7. Watt output/Amperage -- How do I find this out? I have CPUID to give me vital stats, but I don't see any output category to give you guys.

I currently have the 6150 according to my computer giving me my video, but I want to upgrade to the GeForce GT 430 Graphics card. I plugged in the 430, and swapped my monitor hookup from the 6150 to the newer 430, which according to the best buy guru, was an upgrade for my system. But upon turning on my computer, the new vid card did not take, the fan stays off, so I assume it is not being picked up by my motherboard. There was only one slot that looked like one for a video card, so I stuck it in there. Any help on how to get it to recognize the new card if it is indeed an upgrade, thank you.

Did you uninstall the old video drivers, and install the new video card drivers to suit your new card? Use control panel, hardware and sound, device manager, display adapters, right-click on your graphic card, properties, driver, uninstall driver.

Also, you can find the wattage of your PSU by reading the label on the side of it. ( something like 300W or more.)

If you want to know more accurate information about your pc, try downloading the program called 'Speccy'. It's from;
www.piriform.com

Back