No display and not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadman_mustang

help hir please.. :confused: i recently upgraded my pc uhmm just yesterda, bought a new processor and installed it. but when everything else is done my PC wont start(boot) it has no display on my monitor. help hir guys. i already exhausted myself trying to figure this out.. :dead:

Perhaps the new processor is not supported by the motherboard. Maybe a BIOS update might help but you'd have to install a working CPU first. What are your PC specifications?

well my mobo is a Asus P5GL-MX 800MHz FSB Intel 915GL Chipset Dual Channel DDR 400 Socket 775/T.. and the processor i bought is a Pentium Dual-Core E2180,LGA775 pckg 800mhz fsb.. thats about it. im running on 512 DDR400 ram and an on-board video card. i cant seem to know whats wrong with it, im sure i folowed the instructions on the manual correctly.:(

The Dual Core E2180 is not supported according to my reading of the motherboard specifications.

oh. really? dam that salesman.:mad: and i thought myself it is compatible guess i need to do more research next time huh? well maybe ill just buy a new notherboard i guess.. thanks man for the help and the info.. :D
EDIT: btw mailpup if you dont mind where can i find infos as to what or whats not compatible processors for my motherboard? tnx in advance. :)

go to the ASUS web site, just google it then search for the motherboard name, they have a search. u can find all the specs. for that motherboard there, or look in u're owner manual and it will give the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back