No Display Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having this problem with my monitor and I'm on the verge of thinking that it's got a cabling issue and needs fixing.

I have a Philips 107/s 17" CRT Monitor. I also recently got an LCD screen to hook up to my computer. I decided to dual monitor them on my 256mb Radeon 9600 Pro. So after hooking it all up it worked fine and exactly as I had expected and wanted it to for about 3/4 hours or so. Then just before I was about to wind down and head off the CRT monitor (set as the second monitor) decided that it would stop displaying anything. The screen just went blank. So i did the standard testing of the monitor; check cables. make sure it's firmly plugged into both the display slot on the graphics card and the DVI Connector into the graphics card. So I tried it as the primary monitor, the only monitor, and as the second monitor again. It still wasn't working. Now, I've noticed something. When I switch the monitor on and it's not plugged into the gfx card, the LED is green, indicating that the monitor is on and connected and I guess displaying my desktop and what not. Now when I plug the monitor into either the DVI connector or the gfx card itself, that Green LED turns Orange and displays nothing. So it's looking like it's doing something like thinking it's plugged in when it's not..and when it is plugged in, thinks it's not and displays nothing.

Now that's essentially my problem. I hope I gave enough detail and hopefully someone can come up with a solution greater than "It needs fixing" :p

Thank you to anyone in advance.

is there any drivers for that monitor?
try changing the refresh rate and/or the resolution.
does it work as a single monitor?
have you tried switching to the other video port?
if you use an adaptor, try changing that with another one..

"is there any drivers for that monitor?"
yes, downloaded and installed, to no effect

try changing the refresh rate and/or the resolution.
tried that too, did nothing.

does it work as a single monitor?
nope

have you tried switching to the other video port?
tried that too.

if you use an adaptor, try changing that with another one..
this is the one i'm yet to test. but i think it's royally f'cked. ah well.
thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back