No display on monitor when instaling graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jase123

hi when i install my new graphics card which is an ati x1950 pro i get no signal on the monitor :confused: I have a 650 watt psu, so theres more than enough power. i have a new mobo which is an asus one. the fan on the card spins so power is getting to it..... i just don't know what else to try ... any help would be greatly appreciated.....:) thank you!!!!![/B]

Also i did have it working once it booted up with the graphics card in and it then read the full 2gb of my ram so i began installing drivers... but when i restarted it didnt come back on.. i have uninstalled the onboard vga driver but still no luck....

Pleas Helpppp!!!

This sounds as if it is either a failed card or incompatible drivers. Remove the card and boot using the on-board. Uninstall all the drivers and the reboot.
Visit the ATi website and find the latest driver set for the card and download it.
Power off and then refit the ATi card. If it boots and you have the default 600x800 image then install the drivers. If it fails, then I reckon it is dead and you should take it back.

well ive uninstalled the onboard vga in add and remove but still nothing shows on the screen......

If it was me I would replace the new graphics card. Remember to reverse all the changes you have made in checking the problem!

ok... ill replace the graphics card for a new one.... but for the time being do you know how i get the onboard graphics display back because i unistalled it.. Thanks!

12v = 24a....

650W Max output

+5V = 50A, +3.3V = 32A, +12V = 24A,

-5V =0.8A, -12V = 1.0A, +5VSB = 2.0A

Hope this helps... well im sending my graphics card back for a replacement.. Hopefully my new graphics card will work.. i will keep you all updated. meantime any help on this topic would be kindly appreciated thanks

as for reinstalling the onboard graphics get out u're cd that came with the MB and the driver should be on it.

Normally all you would have to do is reconnect the monitor to the onboard graphics port. You should get output to the monitor using the windows default drivers; you can then update them from the motherboard CD as you wish.

yes.. goin get a replacement for my graphics card and see if it works second time round fingers crossed because i really want this graphics card in..

i will let you all know how it goes :)

Yup

I had the same problem once, Turns out all it was was that my video card came a little loose, and i had to pop it in all the way, then everything worked great

Slot creep - not being rude, but this is what happens when thermal expansion gets to work on the components.
A last off the wall idea - I once had a system with the same symptoms but only when the case cover was off. It turned out that the case was distorted and refitting the cover and screws caused the case to pull the card out of the slot. Take the screw out and sometimes the spring in the case pushed the card back again.

If the advice already given doesn`t help, then replacing the video card might. Just make sure that any extra power connectors required are connected to the card.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back