No display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiffen

Hey guys, I got the guts of my new computer now but am having some trouble getting any display or signal to my monitor.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.1 Ghz
ASUS M3N-78 PRO
OCZ Gold 4GB DDR2 PC8500 1066Mhz
Western Digital HD SATA2 250 GB
TaoTec 650 Watt PSU (Inb4 Rage and his Antic Earthwatts ;D)

So I put it all together and all seemed well, I plugged it in and turned the power switch on. The LED on the motherboard turns on. I then turned the computer on and the hard drive starts clicking away (Not in a bad way). The mobo come's with an expansion cord so I can plug in an old VGA monitor.

The problem is absolutely nothing happens on the monitor at all. Like if you were to just turn it on if the computer were off. I also tried the HDMI to DVI and then a DVI to VGA connector to see if it would work that way XD

I double checked all connections and jumpers and cleared CMOS to no avail.

I have a second monitor I will try in the morning so I will get back to you just in case my other monitor isn't working correctly, I noticed it didn't have all 15 pins but I'm not sure if that's normal.

If the monitor isn't the case do you think I may have picked up a dud mobo? Just wondering if there is anything else I should try before I take everything apart and bring the mobo in.

Thanks so much in advance, I've been saving up and working to get a new computer for awhile now and I can't wait to finally have it working :p

Attachments

• Comp.jpg
    Comp.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 6
The other monitor I have didn't work as well.

So do you guys think its a broken mobo?

hi gud day..If you hear the cmos Beeps while restarting your pc, then probably it's not the mobo And pls. try to check the cmos setup if it's vga is default to onboard or pci or agp.

I do get the OK beep, but how in the world would I be able to change the display settings if I can't see anything on my display in the first place?

Figured it out, it was the mobo. But not in a way you would expect.

There is a VGA port on the mobo for the VGA cable to plug into. You know how fan ports have the plastic part around the pins to make sure you can only plug it in one way? Well the plastic part was backwards! Thus forcing you to plug it in the wrong way :mad: !!! WHY ASUS WHY!!!

Anyway I got a replacement and its working like a charm now.

I also got my HD 4850, excellent card so thanks for that Rage ^^

Love my new 22' screen too, the difference is incredible :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back