No display!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that I have lost the drivers for the integrated video on my system. I have the drivers on disk, but I can't even get cmos on the monitor to do basic setup. What can I do?

Just take out the cmos battery and leave it sit out for about a minute, then put it back in and everything should be good to go.

I tried that and it didn't work. I was told that I may need to add a video card. With integrated video, why would i need to add a card?

adding a new card has many reasons. One being for most people is that their current card (and especially with integrated video) has limitations. The other is that they have a problem with their current one...

If you do doubt that buying a new one will help your situation, maybe try and borrow a card from a friend, or buy a cheap one to test the theory...

There's also the cable and monitor you should test out as well, if the video card isn't to blame.

If you plug in a speaker and press the power button, do you get any beeps or other signs?

i am not familiar with emachines and compatible parts so i can't say for certain. Maybe someone else can help you on that matter.

But theoretically, if your CPU chip is compatible with the new mobo, and it has similar features etc to your old one i don't see why not. Apart from maybe having to do a windows repair where needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back