TechSpot

No E-Mail notification???

By Steve B
Jun 17, 2004
Post New Reply
  1. I've enabled E-mail notification, yet don't get any.

I'm using the address that my ISP gave me, not a freebie.

Any suggestions? T H A N K S

2. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,628   +113

Have you tried setting it off in your profile again, then setting it on again. Sometimes these changes for some weird computer phantom way don't save properly. Dunno what else to try aside from that :confused:

3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Just make sure it is enabled in your profile as well as when you make a post.

4. Steve B

Steve B TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 107

Arris : I have

Poertner : It is

:confused: :( NO JOY??????????????????????????

5. Steve B

Steve B TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 107

Someone's done something, coz ITS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D THANKS???:D

6. poertner_1274

It might have been a temporary glitch if Julio was updating something on the site. But I'm glad it is all straightened out now :grinthumb

7. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Good that it's working again.

But if I were you I'd remove the email adress you posted in your first post. It's not a good idea to post your adress openly on the net due to spammers.
    (Not that I think we have any of those here, but there are programs which can scan the forum)

8. poertner_1274

Good idea, if you want to post your address make it like BLAH(@)blah.com

9. Goalie

Goalie TS Rookie Posts: 703

Just a note- it doesn't work by default in quick reply, something to which I've been constantly irked by.

I dunno if it's possible to code it to read the profile on that, I know email on quick reply wouldn't work as a global default courtest of unregged users in the main section. However, needless to say, they should register anyway. :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.