No file found

While trying to update my catalyst software, I was told to first remove old software using their removal tool. Now every time I try to update my drivers and software I get error message "the INF file was not found".
Now I also have no sound. Anyone seen this before???

While trying to update my catalyst software <AMD or Framework?>, I was told to first remove old software using their <who?> removal tool <which?>. Now every time I try to update my drivers <which?> and software <which?> I get error message "the INF file was not found".<any error code? is it a message from OS or from 'catalyst'>
Now I also have no sound <what is audio device?>. Anyone seen this before???

I believe that whatever removal software you used was overly aggressive and removed the 'inf' file for your audio (and possibly other things). An inf file helps the system know what is there in hardware and what it needs as drivers. It is finding it hard to install what it doesn't know it has. INF files are often located in \windows\inf directory Most devices use those inf files. You may need an driver installation program from the manufacturer of your audio device if it is specialized.

You could try to re-install the device - in Device Manager. Remove the device and restart the system - it may re-detect.

If not - please filing in the blanks above and please tell us about your hardware and OS.

As an alternative, use a restore point - and then find a less aggressive 'remover'.

Back