No games start Properly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniacgeorge

I have a Nvidia Geforce 3 TI-200 128MB graphics card that I have been running my games well on for a while. Then one day I put Rome Total War in and it crashed after beginning to start up. This kept on happening and I presumed it was a game fault.
I then tried other games with similar results(genrally minimising and then not restarting.)I reinstalled the card drivers but to no avail. I also did the DirectX diagnostic tests and the Direct 3D tests said that I had cancelled the tests by pressing a key but I hadn't.
The computer recognises the card ok but I don't understand the problem as it has been working fine and I haven't changed anything. Any help is much appreciated! :unch:

Hmm if you were not able to play Rome Total War before then I am pretty sure that your graphics card is not good enough to play the game.

It says GeForce 2 or higher in the requirements, but it also says that some card listed there may not work. I think this is the case with your card.

What other game did you try?

Yeah buddy, that card cant render the games you're throwing at it. Time to upgrade.

Sorry, I should of said. Rome Total War has been working fine with my graphics card before and the problem started suddenly. It also happens on really old games like Age of Empire. Any more help much appreciated!

Did you install the latest drivers? In case you did just try to use an older version or two instead of the latest ones. Try something in the 70's

I have experienced that problem in WindowsXP a few times where you minmise and old game and it's won't start again if you click the tab. As far as I know this always happens in XP, but in case you used to be able to do that then let me know.

Before, when Rome Total War was working I had no problem minimising games and restarting them. Also remember this problem started happening without me changing anything.

You may have a RAM problem or power supply problem. One or the other may be going south.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back