No IDE Hardware Recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramsay

Hi

i have one of the asus motherboards with the vioce posts which has been currently been saying "No IDE Hardware Recognised"

I am using SATA HDD so i have been using the primary IDE slot fot my Liteon DVD R/RW.

I have recently noticed that my cd drive wasn't even spinning disks although there is power as the light is on and it ejects etc.

I had a look at the drive and saw that it was recognised as SCSIVAX cdRom..etc.Wy is this so???

when i checked the Primary IDE in device manager it said it was working properly and i even did "scan for Hardware changes"

However the problem persists and the dvd drive still does not work.

any help? cheers

ramsay

Go back to the Device Manager and try uninstalling the optical drive. Restart and let Windows detect and reinstall the device. See if that helps.

It could also be the drive has gone bad.

its seams i have the problem fixed,

i just messed about with the ide cable and rebooted with it in the secondary slot then put it back into the primary. It ended up working after a few goes, maybe the ide slot is faulty.

As for the other drive, that was an old virtual drive i had used and not disabled. :monkey: The reason i didn't notice is because i now use nero image drive and it names all the drives "nero imagedrive etc..." where as this was from using alcohol 120%, and this does not label the drive. :(

silly mistake haha :blush:

cheers anyway

ramsay

thnx

the reason i asked is because i am buying a ASUS A8n sli deluxe just wondering if there was gonna be a problem lol ok thnx alot
Sickem :knock: :knock: :knock:

ok,

to be hoest its been a really good motherboard, theres just a couple of things to watch out for when buying an asus motherboard though:

watch which RAM ur puttiing in it, more often than not you'll have to change the bios settings even if they are compatible.ive got corsair in mine and had to change them(settings).

make sure you have a floppy drive, cos if ur using SATA the drivers dont come on disk. u have to download them and put them on floppy.

I think MSI put drivers on disk, have a look at some of their mobo's they're pretty good.

Ramsay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back