No Image, WHY?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adw

:mad: I have recently been given a Stone system, 1ghz, 768 ram, 20 gb hdd, intel on board sound and graphics. i got it home and set it up as you usually would as a stand alone. but i booted it up and the monitor was displaying nothing, not even the "no signal message" i thought maybe this was a problem with the on board stuff so inserted a rage card but the same thing happened. i then got my sisters monitor and used that, guess what, nothing again. im out of ideas now and its driving me crazy! any input would be greatly appreciated! cheers guys! :mad:

Are you sure it's booting up,is the hdd led flickering or staying solid.Also check that all the cables are connected inside.

aye!

the HDD has been purged so there will be nothing on it (its an ex council machine). But yes it seems to be booting fine, makes nice positice noises, no beeps or anything, just nothing at all happening with the monitor. If it couldnt find the HDD it would at least still find the monitor and an error message would be displayed i think ( i could always be wrong )

Try clearing the cmos,there'll be a jumper on the board,but it'll probably be easier to take the battery out for a bit.The battery may be flat,because the bios should load,and then if everything was ok,you'd get some sort of error.

so . . . i got this right, take the battery out, put it back in, if everything is still the same replace the battery with a new one. so you dont think its anything to do with the on board graphics?

its on board graphics so cant really be attached incorrectly, and looks fine. when i used other graphics cards i did make sure to fit them right, and double and triple check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back