No input signal pissing me off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried a little psychology. wanted to fix a room up in my house for an office and put my sony vio in there but knew my husband would gawk so I decided to build him a computer he could not wait to get on and the catch was that he had to finish my office so we can swap computers and he can use his new toy. no office, no place for his computer, so no playing. Thats how you have to deal with some men. :rolleyes: LOL. well he is anxious all right but I have screwed up. :blush: I should explain that all he uses the computer is for is to play tumblebugs (for hours), go to NFL.com, download and burn music, check his spam that he calls email, and check out parts for his car on eBay, So I did not have to spend a lot of money, just provide an asthetically pleasing puter.

The motherboard was a Soyo Dragon plus with an AMD Athalon 266/1000 processor, GeForce MX4000 video card (the slmx4000 version which the guy says is a 1.3v but I can not verify that), 256mb DDR, a DVD burner, CD Burner and a Westinghouse, flat panel LCD monitor. When I put it all together the lights on the case did not work and there was no input signal to the monitor. I had set the jumpers for the bus speed at 100 with a multiplier of 10. heard a long beep, long beep, long beep. changed the multiplier to 133/7.5 and still got no signal but no beeps either. changed the settings to 200/5 and the beeps went away but no improvement on the post not going through.

so I took the computer back to where I brought some of the parts (computer show) and he said my memory was not seated right, I did not push the button to turn on the lights and the SOYO MB was a piece of crap and sold me another cheap board since after seating the memory still would not do anything. Okay so now I have all the same stuff with a ASRock k7Upgrade-600 MB. I am a little confused over the settings. I set the FSB_SEL at 266 and left the jumpers off the multiplier jumper. I set the "CPU type" jumpers at 462 PIN CPU. I am still getting no signal input message. The fans turn on, the lights come on and thats it. the keyboard lights do not flash, the hard dives do not spin up. I put the monitor on another computer and it works wonderfully.

I took all the components out and just hooked up the cpu/fan, power, memory and shorted the power connector still same thing. I took out the cpu put in another, same thing
changed the video card, same thing. this is what I have now:

case with a 420w power supply

ASrock k7 upgrade 600 motherboard (http://www.asrock.com.tw/Drivers/Manual/K7Upgrade-600_um.pdf)

jumpers set as follows:
cpu type: 462 pin
USB Power set for +5v standby mode
front and rear audio panels on
FSB: 333
CPU multiplier: not set, (auto config)

Verto GeForce4 MX 440 AGP video card plugged in the AGP2 slot (http://pny.com/products/verto/discontinued/geForce4/mx440agp.asp)

AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Barton 333MHz FSB Processor

tai sol 12v ball bearing fan for the processor

pc2700 256mb ddr333 RAM

I have changed everything on the board including the ram and I still get the same thing. what the heck could be the problem? I need the assistance of another geek.

now my thinking is I have a jumper set incorrectly. I never dealt with a board with so many jumpers before. but the last board only had the fsb jumper and the multiplier and I had the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back