No login to choose from, when asked for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidude36

Summary:
Windows brings me to login page (unusual)
No accounts to choose from,
repairing windows wont work.
------------------------

Well today i wake up, turn on the old gal (pc).
And windows brings me to the log in screen, which is unusual in my casebecause im the only user and have neverbeen taken there before on this machine.
So i sit there and think ok i'll just click a username and log in.
But there is no usernames to select.

You guys understand? the log in page on windows, well there were no accounts.

Anyways i really dont want to format, and i have tried putting in my win xp disk and "repairing" itbut that didnt work (even when i made a new username).
So can anyone suggest something i can use to boot from on my memory stick? E.g. im on my sisters laptop right now, i can put something on my mem stick to boot from and then have that get me intowindows so i can make a new account.

I'm not quite sure why this has suddenly sprung onto me.

So you have a blank welcome screen, well do a CTRL\ALT\DEL twice and you should get the old style login box.

Try your user name in there, or if that doesnt work try the administrator name and password, once in go into user accounts and untick the box for "use welcome screen" its under the section "change how users logon and logoff" now reboot and you should again have the old style login box, once done repeat the above and retick the "use welcome screen" box.

If for some reason you dont have a working account, then you will need to reset the admin password, if so post back and ill drop you a link for some software.

Regards

it worked! it was my username, and i left the password blank... logged me in nicely, thanks alot, saved me from having to reformat! now to figure outwhy it happened in the first place.

I did a google and found this page amongst many using the term " no accounts in welcome screen" , check them out and see if any apply to you.

Glad its sorted

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back