no mercy for the bandwidth impaired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting
weird_thread.gif

it's great having a 5mbit connection at home, got the video in 13 seconds. nice zoom.
5mbit? At home? Ok, thats just not fair. Bloody americans :) ....the best i can get here is 1mbit and that costs best part of £50 a month....thats why im stuck with a 56k modem :(

Steg

3Mbit is the mainstream speed here ( Belgium ) & I do believe it's far from being the fastest in Europe.

Isn't it strange how the leaders of the industrial revolution just three hundred years ago are now the furtherst behind technology?

I blame corporate greed, and government taxation.

Isn't it strange how the leaders of the industrial revolution just three hundred years ago are now the furtherst behind technology?

I blame corporate greed, and government taxation.
very observant.......unfortunatly its also true.....blame BT - it must be their fault....either that or its Tony's fault.....
Typical....just typical....
I have a friend in Tokyo, Japan who pays the equivilant roughly £30 a month for 6mbit...thats fairly fast....

Steg

I'm still waiting for Broadband over Power Lines. They trialed it (are trialing it, take your pick!) somewhere in the country.

For now, I just have to settle for a crappy 256/1024 bit connection from AOL at £35, aka $50, per month.

BT aren't much better service-wise either:(

Thats not bad. I'm in the US and I pay ~$44 a month to have 512kbps so you dudes in europe bitching about your 3Mbps don't have anything to complain about.

Also broadband in Japan should be cheaper than the US (don't know about you european dudes) because of the much smaller land mass to have to deal with putting DSL access areas at.

I'm in the US as well at $35/mo for 256/256 and in some areas my cable company offers 512/512 for $45/mo but not quite far enough for me to get it.

BTW, we had a thread about bandwidth once, but I'm not going to look for it right now. Also, wasn't this thread originally about something else? Or was this the intention?

I posted under intersting links. I posted it also on an electronic music forum that has an interesting mix of nationalities and many folks were complaining about the their slow connections so I thought I'd try it on the friendly Techspot folks.

I have cable at ~$50 a month and adverage 300-400k/s. My total cable bill is $115 a month and I dont even have all the channels. I do have HD finally though.

I am luckily right around the corner from my C.O., and my speeds are always right around 512 for my DSL...my cable downstairs is usually around 300-400...I guess I am lucky...no intentions of moving any time soon...

my 5mbit connection is fixed at $45, here or in europe prices will vary depending on the location and provider. competition will play a big role in price as well. SBC must have lots of competition around here I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back