No monitor display, please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zdiviny

Okay.

Last night, I installed a new Power Supply into my PC, because it was shorting out. Well, for about 12 hours everything was working great. Games played awesome, sound was great, everything fine and dandy. Then, I turned it off to go to bed. I wake up, and go to turn on my computer. No response. None. When I get back from school, it's still doing it, so I uninstall the Power Supply, and put it back in. Now, the computer will boot, but I can't get any response from the monitor. I've tried using the on board video card, and the 2 extra ones I had lying around. Nothing working. On boot, the monitor light turns green like it's getting a signal, but then just turns amber again. With the on board card, nothing at all happens. Any ideas?

Your motherboard may be fried. What exactly do you mean by "because it was shorting out" Sparking, Smoking?

Well, I just bought a new motherboard, so I REALLY hope it isn't that. By shorting out I mean every so often my computer would just randomly re start. Even when I changed windows so as to not automatically restart when it encountered an error, it continued doing it. I replaced the Power Supply, and it stopped, so I figured I fixed it.

The first thing u need to do is give all the specs including MB of the computer u are talking about without specs no one can help u as they cannot read u're mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back