No Monitor Input goes to sleep....

By pcguy20
Jan 9, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi I am trying to run a Radeon 3870 HD 512MB GDDR4 HD Display but the monitor keeps going to sleep lazy monitor. It is a LCD HP w22" Which is brand new monitor I gotten last year very nice monitor. Anyways I plug the power 6pin into my videocard and then I made shure the card was lock in it was plus the fan is working ok not to loud. Then I press my I/O power switch on and also the monitor nothing just a blank screen on my LCD Monitor. So I switch my videocard back to x1600 Radeon DDR2 512MB Pro card my monitor saws it.
    So I check my BIOS screen it is pick as PCI-E which is normal even I download newest drivers from ATI.ADM site nothing. The box says it really works and I even call Visiontek which I was surprize they anwser. Anyways they say did you update the BOIS yes I did, did you download newset drivers I say yes I did.
    I guess maybe it could be bad hardware needs to be update from local pc shop etc. Thats my only option. Its no my CPU I am running on 700 Watts Intel 4 newest intel board running on double 2 core processors.
    And also running on 2GB of DDR-SDRAM memory. Every thing else is up to the date.
    I think I going to return it and get it from my local computer store see they can install cheaper HD card that has DDR2 GDDR4 should work fine. It has a power cooler on my new ATI thats why I want it. If not downgrade should not matter it is so allot newer then my old card.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.