No monitor output

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP Presario SR1830NX with ATI Radeon Express 200 video card - 6 months old. There's no monitor output today (monitor displays other computer output nicely, cables replaced). Never seen this one. How does one diagnose the computer in this sutuation?

So do you get the post and the "INVENT" label? or just nothing? In this situation I use a second testing computer and go through each part to make sure what's working. Need to call a PC friend and see if you can use their (compatible) pc for a few minutes. You can reset the bios by removing the battery for 15 seconds or so. Just one of the usual steps. If all hardware checks out O.K. then get your Windows disc out (if you have one). I hope it turns out to be an easy fix. Good Luck.

Step 2 of no monitor

Thanks for the advice pdyckman. Prior to the first post:
- Monitor check with another computer
- Speaker check
- Removed battery for a minute
- Attempted booting with a Windows XP boot up disc

Nothing comes to monitor. The standby light doesn't even go green.
I hear the hard drive making a little noise, so I can't tell whether or not it's a disc problem (virus wiping out first track). Usually the boot up on this computer was extremely fast and quiet. Power on in the past clearly showed the BIOS messages and then the transition to Windows XP Media. ??????

Everything is fixed and back to normal thanks to HP tech support. We don't know what happened; it just started working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back