No more glitches [for a while, anyway]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice

Yes, everybody will be glad to know, [including those who lost interest] that I'm moving on to new PC, a desktop this time, getting rid of the disastrous laptop at last!!
It was eventually repaired, [over 16 weeks away] new motherboard & heatsink, I'm not paying a penny, my first techie is paying around £300.
The desktop isn't built yet, so as from 9am, local time,Thursday, the 22nd of July, I'll be offline whilst the build is done, as I've already sold the dread machine.

Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions & advice during THIS chapter, no doubt I'll be back with fresh queries, [groans all round, I suspect!] getting used to the new rig.

Maurice.

Good for you Maurice...good for you. We'll be waiting for your return.....with a nice, fresh machine. Congrats on that. :D

Thanks, Masque, somehow I knew that, [can I say it?] an older member of the team would respond first, I might be fairly old, with loads of life's tough experiences behind me, but I find that I need outside support, well, in this field anyway, I'm even going to get a friend in to do the entire set-up, loading of my old data & re-installing of ISP, drivers etc., perhaps having no family, & being on my own [with plenty of friends though] for the last few years has a lot to do with it.
I feel that Techspot & it's members have become friends also.
Thanks, guys!

Maurice.

Have you any comments, realblackstuff, my friend?

This is my last evening online [the 21st] for around 7-10 days, as I sell my laptop early tomorrow morning, & will be without whilst the desktop is built.

Maurice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back