No more Indians for Dell's Corporate...

By vassil3427
Nov 24, 2003
  1. somekid007

somekid007 TS Rookie Posts: 271

but, they still use the indian call center for inspiron and dimension user. my sympathies toward those of u and my cousin
  2. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

But.....and I'll look for the link......I just read that IBM's heading in that direction. One company wakes up and another falls asleep. Sheesh!

That would be here: IBM To Move Software Jobs To India, China
  3. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,549

Apparently, India does not have an inexhaustable source of skilled labour (graduates), and staff turnover rates are approaching 50% for many call centre businesses in India. At some point you can expect to be dealing with english speaking staff that don't have a clue about IT, then many US companies will start to lose business due to customers seeking better service elsewhere.
  4. agrav8r

agrav8r TS Rookie Posts: 103

It is all morale related. they have to deal with undereducated, irate foriegners with bad accents and attitudes. You can't even understand a word they say and many end their sentences in prepositions and say "y'all", . I can't say that i blame them, I'd quit too.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.