No or Blank Desktop after logging on to WIN2K3 server

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a WIN2K3 configured as a fileserver servicing about 300 pluse users. I had an issue recently where the server was stable enough to continue servicing users, but all interactive services were hung. I was able to "log in" per se, but there would be no desktop or blank desktop. Weird. Anyhow, only after rebooting the server, log in services get restored.
Does anyone have any experience with this issue and if so, how was it resolved?

Thanks
Ralph

Thanks. I have that article already. I wanted to see if there was anything else relating to this issue.
Thanks again!

Right click my computer, choose manage. Expand event viewer, click on system and application. What does it report as the result of sfc? What errors are reported? If you create a new user, log in, does the desktop appear? Then if you change the account type to administrator, and log in again, does the desktop not appear?

Regards Jase

Sorry for the late response. I am the admin. I did not run sfc. We have FalconStor for replication to our DR site and I thought at first that it was the culprit. Anyhow, after the server was rebooted, the issue was resolved and it has not happened since.
-R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back