No P2P connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Background.
I attempetd to install Spam Fighter. During the installation it asked to be allowed open ports for access to Bayesian database, or something to that effect. Before this I was able to connect onto P2P networks using Limewire and Soulseek etc.
After this attempt, Spam Fighter froze, forcing me to restart my machine. Then, I could not connect to my P2P friends.
After struggling for a week, I ended up reinstalling XP anew, and now I'm not sure how I can "renew" my love affair with P2P connections.
I've had my IP settings set back to what they were before but still cannot connect. Firewall (XP) is disabled, current max concurrent half-open connections set @ 10,000,000.
Anyone with assistance would be appreciated.

hi Kilo.Dollar.
your best option at present is to follow this link, https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/ . follow all the instructions there.
it is important that you rename hijack this, eg, hjt analyser 1991, and place it in it's own folder within docs or prog files, then post the log it will produce, wait for a reply. after you have followed the instructions and removed some of the problems you may well get back firewall and internet connections, but you must still post the log reqired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back