TechSpot

No Post

By crobarred
Sep 24, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, I just moved and when I tried booting up my rig at the new place, I received no POST or video. I've reseated everything as well as booting up only the motherboard/cpu and video card. I then took out the memory and put in a different brand with the same response. The computer in question is a bit older AMD 1.2Ghz pro/ASUS A7V133 mobo/768megs of PC133/Gforce 2 MX400 vid/Soundblaster Live 32 sound. I was planning on putting Linux on that machine when it crapped out. I don't see a short behind the Mobo or anything conflicting. The power supply is good because I tried it in another machine. Any ideas?

Crobarred
  2. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

I wish I did. It sounds like something is broken. If you've reseated everything, then you might have a cracked motherboard (could just be a hairline fracture) or a dud CPU.

All I can suggest is taking it COMPLETELY apart and putting it back together again.
  3. crobarred

crobarred TS Rookie Topic Starter

Well, I reseated EVERYTHING and my diagnosis is that I think I have a dud CPU. When I took off the Orb CPU fan I saw that the CPU had like some flakes or something off of it. It's an older PC like I said and it has been through some wars...I guess it died. Now if I can find a replacement CPU for a motherboard that can carry anything from a t-bird 800-1.3 I'd be happy.

Crobarred
  4. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.