No power in my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punkid

in my country, due to energy crisis electricity goes for 1 hour at night...last night the computer was on and the electricity went away...when i t went, i turned off the switch in the wall socket and then i went to sleep...in the morning, when i turned the switch back on,i heard some sound from the pc, its like a high frequency continuous sound, not loud, and it keeps on coming....and the pc does not turn on when i press the power button...absolutely nothing happens...whats the matter??

Usually, a continuous beep like that refers to a defective PSU, and needs to be replaced.
Do you have any meters to check it?

plug of what? if i check the 4 connectors of the molex connector(HDD power etc) how many wires would have current?

You can get a special PSU multimeter tester or simply swap in a new PSU and see if it works. Testing with a simply voltmeter is tedious an error prone.

You definitely have a defective PSU.

-- Andy

no meter will be needed...it turns out that the sound was coming from the PSU itself...i disconnected all the connections from the PSU then turned it on and i heard that sound...so my PSU is done? could it have damaged my mobo or any other thing too???

You don't fix PSUs. You can only replace them if they're broken. So, that's your only option.

-- Andy

i want to know if i could have damaged my motherboard or any other thing in the pc?

Probably not. Most electronic devices are designed so that on failure, nothing happens. But that doesn't mean it can't.

Really, the only course of action at this point is to replace the PSU.

-- Andy

well its my 2nd computer. anyway, i can try to connect the PSU of my main pc to that secondary pc...but say if if the motherboard is fried, or anythng else in that pc, can it damage the powersupply?

No, the new PSU cannot be damaged if the MoBo is fried.

BUT, you need to check that the new PSU can be used on the 2nd computer. Compare the two PSUs to see if they are the same. If not, repost what they are and we can tell you if it's safe the connect the new PSU.

-- Andy

ok heres a pic of the PSU that is not working
DSC02152.jpg

and heres the one in my main PC that IS working
DSC02154.jpg

also please take a look at this, its a pic of the PC that IS NOT working,see that the light on the motherboard is ON, it is next to where the MOBO power connecter is attatched
DSC02150.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back