??NO Power Mobo Fried??

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanzerBoy

i was using my computer normally not in a game or anything at the desktop , i unplugged my joystick and put my webcam in whitch i do alot then about a minute after that im talkin to friends and my system just shut off... i thought it was my power supply so i used a paper clip to connect it to itself with it or sumtin weird my friend tought me, that tested my PSU to make sure it was working and it was...

---Specs---
pentium 4 3.2
ge force 6800 ultra
audigty 2 soundcard
2 gb ramm
200 gb h/d

did you actually use a paper clip to complete a circuit? what exactly did you do and why?

with the powersupply connected and you hit the power button does anything happen at all on the motherboard... does any of the fans even twitch....

of course try the basics first.. disconnect all unnecessary hardware..
remove the cdrom network card, sound card, any extra hardware.. leave only your mouse keyboard vidoe and one single hard drive connected.....

remove and reseat all of your hardware.. reset bios..... also do this.
disconnect power cable from power supply... then hold the power button in for aprox 30-60 sec. if everything works start reconnecting devices 1 at a time..

power supply may be damaged and with to many devices attached would cause no power.

i used a paper clip to complete the circut and removed any and all stuff i dont need out reseated everything... and when i hit the power button nutin twiches or lights up period :-(

what circuit? are you talking about shorting the power button connector pins on the motheboard? how long did you have said paper clip in use?

i took the wire from the psu and put the paper clip inside there then turned it on and everything connected to the psu went on , my HD, fans, and lights.

allright, now which conductors were touching the paper clip at the same time?

anyways...i were you using your fp ports? if so, how long where they in use? at this point you can reasonably expect the board to have been the cause, but perhaps your psu may have to be replaced as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back