No Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
so recently got a computer because the owner said it wouldnt turn on.(Free !)

it had a 250 W PSU in it so i started there bought a new one that has a 350 w supply but the computer still will not start. it is an Emachine T4510 and i dont have much faith in it but it was free and i want to know if i will have to invest in a new board to get this to work and weather or not it will be worth my time to fix it up.

please helps.:cool:

Sometimes the power button goes bad or a wire leading to it falls off. If you know a little bit about electronics it's not too hard to either patch in a working button type switch, or to remove the wires off of the switch, then strip off a little insulation off of the tip of each wire. With your psu turned to the 'on' position, and all other systems go.....you can touch the 2 wires together momentarily. This is like pushing the 'button' if the switch were hooked up. If it does not start up, then the problem is not your switch. Leave some wire leading off of your power switch. (Both leads). With this wire (an inch will do) you can use electrical tape to restore the wire connections to your switch. Good Luck. NOTE: I only recommend you doing this if you feel electronically capable, and confident enough to do it.

please read the faqs in the cpu forum regarding e-crap machines and failed power supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back