No Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
My computer was working fine but this morning the screen was blank when I cam in. I pressed the power button for 5 soconds to turn it off and re-boot but nothing happened. There is a blinking light...but no fan or no beep. I unplugged it, plugged it back on and tried to turn it on. Nothing happened. Please help... :) Is it a power supply issue?
Thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It does sound as though the psu has failed.

Does the the psu fan spin?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

No Pwer

Hi Howard
thanks for the prompt reply
There is not fan or anything...no beep...when I press and hold the start button, the green light blinks. I opened up the computer and green light on mother board blinks too. It it's PSU how can I replace it?
Thanks

To replace a power supply, first unplug the PC's power cord, ground yourself with a wrist strap or by touching a water pipe or other grounded object, and open the case.

Disconnect the power supply's lines from the motherboard and other components, remove the screws holding it in place, and lift it out. Then reverse the process to install the new unit.

Regards Howard :)

Well the fact that the psu fan doesn`t spin up is a clue.

However, it could be a mobo/cpu problem etc, but unless you try a different psu, you won`t know.

The PSU in my computer is narrow and long. It's not like the ones I saw on the website you sent me. Is there any other place where I can find models like mine.
For now I have installed my hard drive on my old computer and it works fine for now. There are two numbers HPL185VA3P and PDP-124P. With which one should I search.
Thanks

Is your computer an oem build, such as Dell/hp/gateway etc?

If so, you might not be able to just replace the psu with an off the shelf make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back